Kevin P. Cummings, PLC was founded in 2008 based on the principles of providing straightforward, committed and sensible legal representation to clients. Kevin’s belief and understanding, shaped over 20 years of legal practice, is that each client brings a unique set of issues and circumstances, and demands service that is both personalized and dedicated.
Put another way, a lawyer is hired to help solve a client’s problems. No two cases are alike and successful representation always begins elbow-deep in the details.
Kevin P. Cummings, PLC strives to become a problem solver on behalf of the clients we represent. The goal is to obtain justice, be it in the form of a verdict, settlement, arbitration or mediation award, or even an approval letter from DHS. That justice is earned with a thorough understanding of our client’s case, the applicable law, and advocating both passionately and sensibly on our client’s behalf.
With a background that includes previously serving as an assistant prosecutor, working as an associate at a mid-sized municipal law and litigation firm, and with two decades of experience in and around the courtrooms of Livingston, Washtenaw, Wayne and Oakland Counties, Kevin brings a unique combination of know-how and common sense perspective to his practice. Understanding the ins and outs of how a judge or courtroom operates is just as important as knowledge of the law. Successful representation in legal matters in different venues demands the right combination of experience, knowledge and determination.
When Kevin is not in a courtroom or hearing room, he can be found on one of Michigan’s many fantastic golf courses, or rooting on his son and daughter at numerous travel baseball or varsity swim meets.
Kevin has also been introduced in the past few years to the joys and frustrations of distance running and has finished eight or so half-marathons and too many 5 and 10k’s to mention. He also enjoys cooking for friends and family, with “specialties” that include a 3-time award winning chili, as well as some pretty tasty BBQ ribs, brisket and pulled pork.
- Admitted to practice in the State of Indiana since 2000
- Admitted to practice in the State of Michigan since 2002
- In Indiana – Admitted to practice in both state and U.S. District Courts, including the Northern and Southern Districts.
- In Michigan – Admitted to practice in state and U.S. District Courts, including the both the Eastern and Western Districts.
- Completed his law degree (juris doctor) from Michigan State University College of Law in 1999.
- Completed his Master of Laws (LL.M.) from Wayne State University in 2002.
- Completed the certification process from the Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Probate and Estate Planning Certificate Program in 2013.